H.O.P.E — Heroin, Opiate, Positive Experience Program
At Cove Forge, we understand how important it is to help our opiate dependent patients support their brain during their early recovery, as the effects of opioid dependency on this part of their body can be incredibly damaging. To help facilitate that support and encourage positive growth, we have implemented the H.O.P.E program – otherwise known as the “Heroin Opiate Positive Experience”.
Through the H.O.P.E program, our staff is dedicated to helping our clients truly recover from the effects of a de-stabilized endorphin system, and we do so by offering a number of activities that help encourage this positive transformation. The activities that we offer include the following:
- Humor Group – The humor group allows our clients to learn how to utilize humor as a recovery tool, as well as a method for supporting their healthy brain function.
- Exercise Program – Exercise is often considered the most effective way to release endorphins, so we encourage our clients to participate in this activity to help keep a healthy mind and body.
- P.A.W.S. Group – P.A.W.S, otherwise known as Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms, is a group that helps our clients learn about the effects of their withdrawal symptoms in ways that allow them to begin coping with them properly.
- Brainwave Entrainment – Brainwave entrainment is a process where we expose our clients to repetitive stimuli of sound and light, which is meant to reset their brain wave frequencies. This process is designed to bring about states of relaxation and endorphin release.
- Smoothie – Smoothie is exactly that – a smoothie. A blend of strawberry, orange and berry is our signature pro-endorphin cocktail, and while our clients are enjoying them, we talk about healthy eating habits to support a healthy lifestyle.
- Specialized menus offering endorphin enhanced foods
- IT DID/I DID – IT DID/I DID is an activity where our clients learn how to get their needs met, as well as learn how to become empowered enough to make that happen. They do this by evaluating what their addiction did for each day and what they did about it.
- Big Brother/Big Sister – At Cove Forge, we believe that support is one of the most important aspects of recovery. Therefore, we set our clients up with a big brother or a big sister who has gone through similar experiences so they can serve as a support system for them as they recover.
- Individual sessions for support and education with H.O.P.E. Nurses
- VIVITROL/ReVia offered as recovery support for alcohol and opioid dependence.
Our staff at Cove Forge not only understands the science behind an opiate addiction, but also recognizes the importance of the brain’s recovery. Therefore, the H.O.P.E program is an incredible supplement to our clients’ successful recovery.
Click here to see a detailed schedule of a typical day in our H.O.P.E. program.